Friday, November 27, 2009

Laptop Computers

The old laptop died just in time for the holidays. I like to shop (online) the sales so I did a bit of shopping in the Dell Outlet this morning and got a good deal on a sweet little Dell Vostro. I've had good experiences with my Dells (the computer that died was an Acer Aspire One aka PoS) so it was only natural to hook myself up with a new one. The thing I like about the small laptops is that they fit in my shoulder bag and can go to work with me. If I need more power I've still got my desktop for backup.

What didn't I like about the AAO? Mine came with Linux-Lite, which for a Windows trained girl it just wasn't able to do what I needed. I was unable to download and install any updates, and Acer customer support was virtually non-existent. I'm a writer, so I need a computer that can keep up with my needs. This time around I'm going Dell.

No comments:

Post a Comment