Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Updates From the Eclectic Muse

A few weeks ago I posted a request to help get an animal cruelty video banned from YouTube. Well, thanks to the efforts of everyone involved, this video has finally been removed and a lot of flying squirrel owners and animal lovers alike are breathing sighs of relief. It's very encouraging to me to see that a few people can make a difference.

Baby Nibbles Asleep in a Kleenex

In other news I have acquired a new baby flying squirrel to keep Benji company. The new girl, little Nibbles, is coming along quite nicely. Benji seems unimpressed at the addition of a new little sister and would much rather continue to steal and hide nuts. Nibbles is just a little bundle of love. She will curl up in your hand and, true to her namesake will nibble fingers, although not very hard.

We have a new foster dog from Save Underdogs. Sasha is a shepherd mix that appears to have come from an abused home. It's taken me almost an entire week to be able to pet her without her flinching. She prefers women over men and doesn't care for loud noises. She is very playful once she feels comfortable and seems to really enjoy playing with our other three dogs. Sasha is spayed and her house training is nearly complete. She hasn't had an accident in three days!! I'm really hoping that this special girl finds a forever home before Christmas. She certainly deserves it.

My holiday shopping is nearly complete. I did all of my shopping online and am just waiting for the last couple of items to arrive. I simply must rave on Cafepress.com for a moment. I ordered several customized items from them and two of them arrived in less than perfect condition. The photo on the mug was crooked and the photo on the Sigg bottle was too dark. Well, I contacted them about exchanging the items and let me just say that their customer service response was phenomenal and the replacement items are already enroute and should be here before Christmas! Way to go Cafepress!!

Well that's about it for this edition. I've got to get a few more articles knocked out and then figure out what I can have for dinner that I can actually taste. Sinus/head colds seem to completely render tastebuds useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment