Sunday, August 2, 2009

Test Driving Canon's New PowerShot D10 Digital Camera


I couldn't wait to get my hands on Canon's new PowerShot D10 Waterproof Digital Camera. I was practically chomping at the bit while after it wound up on back order, but finally it has arrived and I put it to the test this weekend. Read the full review here

I'd actually combed through other camera brand reviews before choosing to give the PowerShot D10 a chance. At first glance it looks a little bulbous, but after getting my hands on it and seeing what it can do, I'm less worried about it's looks and more thrilled about what it can do.

The PowerShot D10 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that takes a couple of hours to charge, so while it was doing its thing, I was familiarizing myself with the user manual, something I think everyone could benefit from. You can unlock amazing little secrets that most people never uncover.

As soon as the battery was ready I started putting this little gem through its paces. Closeups? No problem. Underwater? No problem, especially if you make sure to read the manual and take all of the precautions to help protect the camera like ensuring that the seals are free of dust or sand and that the seals are tight. I took the camera out to Choctawhatchee Bay this afternoon, and even though recent rains had clouded the bay up pretty good, I still managed to get sharp, clear photos of aquatic life and had no problems using it while snorkeling around the dock.

Once home I thoroughly rinsed all of the salt water off and uploaded my pics. Everything about this camera is easy. It's destined to become the primary camera in this household.

No comments:

Post a Comment