Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Look for the New Year

With the arrival of the new year I decided to give my blog an updated look and I'm very pleased with the results. I hope everyone else will be as well. My blog wasn't the only thing that got an updated look though... I changed my hair, bought some new outfits, new jewelry, updated my resume' and started applying for a new job. Heck, I even bought a new Toshiba laptop and have a wireless printer ordered. I rarely pamper myself, but it was long overdue.

The new year also marks my new Examiner position. I am now the Outdoor Adventure Examiner for the Panama City edition. This will make it easier for me to get out targeted local interest stories. Interested in writing for the Examiner in your city? Just follow this link and fill out the application. In the referral section remember to mention that you were referred by me, Beverly Hill, ID# 18666, and thank you for your support.

I'm planning on focusing on some new and different hobby topics over at Suite101.com this year. Each month will feature a new hobby, tips on getting started, and techniques. Do you have an interesting hobby that others will enjoy? Drop me an email and tell me about it.

In another endeavor I've sponsored a White-tailed Antelope Squirrel named Elfin over at Best Friends Animal Society. There are many animals there that could use your help. Animals can be sponsored in memory of a loved one or just you can choose to become their guardian angel. Either way it's for a good cause and an excellent way to start off the new year in a positive way.

Happy New Year everyone and may it be a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog site looks really good, Beverly. You've done a good job on it. Looks like you have a wide range of hobbies/interests, too.

    Take care!

    Ron Falconberry

    ReplyDelete